Tuesday 6 September 2011

Review of Weleda stretchmark massage oil

Received from Weleda
Weleda Stretchmark oil (formerly Pregnancy Body Oil) 
A base of sweet almond oil works gently, delivering intensely moisturizing essential fatty acids that keep your skin supple and protected from drying. Because pregnancy is a big job for your muscles and skin, our organic arnica flower extract helps ease tightness and provides a layer of comforting warmth when you indulge yourself with a soothing massage. 

Nourishing wheat germ oil conditions and refines your skin’s texture with a high quantity of vitamins A, D and E. Regular use visibly helps to correct the appearance of stretch marks on your pregnant belly; your thighs, bottom and breasts; and helps prevent the appearance of new ones. Weleda Stretch Mark Oil has been developed in conjunction with doctors and midwives to provide comfort and skin care for mum before, during and after pregnancy.

Read on to find out my verdict:

Once you have removed the screw cap the bottle has a cap inside that helps aid in not making a mess and pouring out too much when trying to get oil into your hand.
Weleda Stretch Mark Oil can be applied two to three times daily - from the beginning of pregnancy up to three months after birth – with light, circular massage movements over the stomach, thighs, bottom and breasts.
Please note that oils containing Arnica should not be used on broken skin as they may cause irritation.
Above: the oil on my now very pregnant belly and sticky outy belly button :)

The Verdict
I am now 35weeks pregnant, the other day I left a message on the weledas facebook wall to how I had just found my first stretchmark!! I have religiously been massaging this oil into my stomach and top thighs in the morning and at night and so far so good. When rubbing this into my skin it feels quite thick, I liked this as it made me feel like it was working and stops the immediate stretching itch the downside to this is that it is quite sticky. I found the oil has a nice smell to it although my partner didn't agree lol.
 I am really convinced that using oils while pregnant does help with stretchmark.. not to stop them as I think if you are going to get them, you are going to get them But I do think they help to lesson them and help your skin stretch with your ever growing bump! I als think that the oil has helped with the stretchmark I recently found and I hope it continues to do so (Fingers crossed!!)
I would recommend this product to a pregnant lady or someone with existing stretchmarks that is hoping to lighten them.
Weleda Website
Weleda on Facebook
Weleda on Twitter
Weleda Baby on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...