Wednesday 6 June 2012

Breastfeeding scavenger hunt




My Breastfeeding downfall as 16.


When I fell pregnant with our first child I knew I wanted to breast feed, None of the women had breastfed in my family but it was something I felt strongly about that I wanted to try. Unfortunately back then I didn't do as much researched as I now know I should of so when he was born I just winged it and it worked. He fed in the hospital after a few man handles from the nurses and that was us we were off on our journey. Then we were released from hospital, I immediately felt my support drop and after trying for one night on our own, I was advised to put him onto formula because I wasn't feeding him and he was starving by someone ill informed and uneducated in breastfeeding. This pains me, a lot. Because knowing what I know now, I know that information is correct, given to me by someone who hadn't breastfed, and pretty much find the whole thing gross. It also meant they couldn't have so much time with the baby./.. so figure that one out for yourself. I put this down to my lack of knowledge/ support and confidence in myself and the fact I hadn't yet grown my mummy backbone.

When we fell pregnant with our second child, in January 2011 I knew I was going to breastfeed and I was determined I wasn't going to fail. I watched DVDs, I read books, I joined forums, I spoke to other breastfeeding mummy's so when he was born October 2011 I felt a lot more confident. I set out that for the first week I didn't want many visitors I wanted to sort my supply out and really try and get our feet on the ground for our breastfeeding journey. This was one of the best things I had done.After a few 'hiccups' along the way and the fact that he now refuses to even see the sight of a bottle when I am around. Our journey is now on 8months 1 day. This makes me really proud of us.

Here are other mummy bloggers joining in the breastfeeding scavenger hunt:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...