Friday 1 June 2012

Deformed Baby Bird with Two Heads and Three Beaks Found in Massachusetts

A woman from Massachusetts found a two-headed, three-beaked baby cardinal bird in the backyard of her Hinckley Street home on Monday, May 28, 2012.

Two Headed Three Beak Bird
April Britt of Northampton, MA said she and her husband followed the sounds of birds chirping in their backyard where they found the baby female cardinal with the unusual deformities.
“There was this little deformed bird sitting on the
lower branch,” said Britt. “My husband says, ‘Oh my God. Look at this poor thing! That’s an oddity if I ever saw one,’”


 Britt told WGGB-TV, Springfield. “I’ve never seen anything like that before. This bird had like a double head that wasn’t quite separated, but you could see there was gonna be two heads and three beaks.”

April Britt, 67-years old, said the bird didn’t look like it could eat without assistance from adult birds. The middle beak didn’t work well, and the other two beaks didn’t appear to be connected to the bird’s throat. She said she found the bird was on the ground a few hours later so she put on a plastic glove to return it to the tree. She said the baby cardinal was nowhere to be seen the following morning.

A New Addition Says: I honestly don't what to say, I don't know what I would do in the situation if it was me finding it, apart from take lots of photos. I feel sorry for it though especially as they don't think it will survive. What do you think / make of it??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...